Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be MD or resident alumni who have demonstrated outstanding involvement and scientific or academic achievement in their post-graduate education, community contributions, career advancement, and/or their service to USF within 15 years post medical college graduation. Awards may be given yearly for up to one individual in each of the following categories:
Early Career Achievement Award in Academics
Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Distinguished/Outstanding early career achievement in academic medicine with outstanding performance in at least two of its missions (research, education, clinical care/service), with at least some scholarship demonstrated by peer reviewed publication.
- The nominee will be required to attend the USF Morsani College of Medicine MD Commencement Dinner and participate in the Path of Honor during the Commencement Ceremony in May 2020. The MCOM Alumni Society Board may waive this requirement for exceptional circumstances.
Early Career Achievement Award in Service
Eligible nominees will exhibit both of the following characteristics:
- Demonstration of outstanding commitment to the service of others (locally, nationally and/or internationally)
- Active support of and commitment to the Morsani College of Medicine
- Current USF MCOM Alumni Society Board members, previous MCOM Outstanding Service Award recipients and Distinguished Physician Alumnus Award recipients of the same year are not eligible.
- Award recipients are encouraged to return to USF to accept the award. The MCOM Alumni Society Board may waive this requirement for exceptional circumstances.
- Award need not be given each year.
- Except in unusual circumstances, no more than two persons (no more than one in each category) should receive the award in any one year.
- This award may be presented posthumously.
- The nominee will be required to attend the USF Morsani College of Medicine MD Alumni Weekend in October 2020. The MCOM Alumni Society Board may waive this requirement for exceptional circumstances. This award may be given outside of the scheduled reunion time at the discretion of the Board.
1. Call for nominations will be made via the MCOM Alumni newsletter, the MCOM Alumni Society Website, USF Alumni Association AlumNews, e-mail notices to MCOM Alumni Society, the MCOM Alumni Facebook page and e-mails to current MCOM faculty and staff.
2. Nominations may be submitted by alumni, faculty, emeriti faculty, staff, friends, family and administrators of the USF Morsani College of Medicine. Self-nominations are encouraged.
3. The nomination process will take place through submissions by e-mail, mail or online submissions to the MCOM alumni director. All nomination packets must include the following:
· completed nomination form
· letter of nomination explaining why the nominee meets the qualifications of the award criteria
· resume or vitae of nominee and
· one or more letters of support from peers may be submitted in place of a resume or vitae.
4. The USF Health MCOM Alumni Society Awards and Recognition Committee serves as the selection committee for this award.
5. The Committee’s recommendation(s) need approval by the full USF Health MCOM Alumni Society Board of Directors.