Distinguished Physician Alumnus Awards
The Distinguished Physician Alumnus Awards are bestowed by the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society to recognize outstanding career achievement.
Two categories of outstanding career achievement will be awarded:
- The Distinguished Physician Alumnus Award in Academics acknowledges outstanding leadership, professional achievement, and contribution to the field of medicine.
- The Distinguished Physician Alumnus Award in Service acknowledges outstanding leadership, philanthropy, community and humanitarian service.
Nominees must be living graduates of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine MD program or its affiliate Graduate Medical Education programs who are at least 15 years post-graduation from their MD program. Current Officers and Directors of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society and prior recipients of this award are not eligible.
Recipients will be encouraged to attend the award presentation in person whenever possible. Other arrangements may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Nominations may be submitted at any time by any individual and self-nominations are accepted.
In order to nominate a candidate, the following is required and should be submitted via the link below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completion of the nomination form below
- Current curriculum vitae of the candidate
- At least one letter of support from someone other than the nominator
- Any additional documentation that the nominator feels will be helpful to the review committee