Outstanding Service Award
Criteria for Nomination
1. Nominees must be graduates from the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine's MD program or those who have completed at least one year of graduate medical education at USF.
2. Current USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board members, previous Morsani College of Medicine Outstanding Service Award recipients and Distinguished Physician Alumnus Award recipients of the same year are not eligible.
3. Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in their chosen field and a devotion to the betterment of society and their community.
- Participates in professional and community activities locally, nationally and/or internationally.
- Supports or mentors colleagues and students in the nominee's area of expertise.
- Exemplifies spirit of volunteerism, significant service, and consistent loyalty toward their alma mater – the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and/or the Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society.
- Dedicates time and talents, and shows commitment to volunteer service through teaching, research, work with students, or off-campus service.
- Provides philanthropic support to Morsani College of Medicine.
4. The nominee will be required to attend the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine MD Reunion on October 2020. The Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board may waive this requirement for exceptional circumstances. The award may be given outside of the scheduled reunion time at the discretion of the Board.
1. Call for nominations will be made via the Morsani College of Medicine Alumni newsletter, the Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society website, USF Alumni Association AlumNews, e-mail notices to Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society, the Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Facebook page and e-mails to current Morsani College of Medicine faculty and staff.
2. Nominations may be submitted by alumni, faculty, emeriti faculty, staff, friends, family and administrators of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine. Self-nominations are encouraged.
3. The nomination process will take place through submissions by e-mail, mail or online submissions to the Morsani College of Medicine alumni director. All nomination packets must include the following: completed nomination form, letter of nomination explaining why the nominee meets the qualifications of the award criteria, and resume or vitae of nominee. One or more letters of support from peers may be submitted in place of a resume or vitae.
4. The USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Awards and Recognition Committee serves as the selection committee for this award.
5. The Committee’s recommendation(s) need approval by the full USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board of Directors.
6. This award may be given posthumously.
7. Under special circumstances, up to two awardees may be selected in a given year.
8. Completed nomination packets must be received by: Friday, June 26, 2020.
9. Send nomination packet to email@example.com.
The USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Awards & Recognition Committee will review all properly completed nomination packets. Based on documented criteria, the Committee will present the candidate to the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board of Directors for approval. Selections will be made by the end of July. In the event that persons nominated are not deemed to meet the selection criteria, the USF Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board of Directors reserves the right to not bestow awards in any given year.
- 2019 Joseph Pecoraro, MD '84
- 2018 Greg H. Savel, MD '88
- 2017 Sylvia L. Campbell, MD '77
- 2016 Margarita Cabrera-Cancio, BS '79, MD '82, FACP
- 2019 Joseph Pecoraro, MD '84