Criteria for Nomination
1. Nominees must be graduates from the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine's (MCOM) MD program or those who have completed at least one year of graduate medical education at USF.
2. Current USF MCOM Alumni Society Board members, previous MCOM Outstanding Service Award recipients and Distinguished Physician Alumnus Award recipients of the same year are not eligible.
3. Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
4. The nominee will be required to attend the USF Morsani College of Medicine MD Reunion on October 10-12, 2019. The MCOM Alumni Society Board may waive this requirement for exceptional circumstances. The award may be given outside of the scheduled reunion time at the discretion of the Board.
1. Call for nominations will be made via the MCOM Alumni newsletter, the MCOM Alumni Society Web site, USF Alumni Association AlumNews, e-mail notices to MCOM Alumni Society, the MCOM Alumni Facebook page and e-mails to current MCOM faculty and staff.
2. Nominations may be submitted by alumni, faculty, emeriti faculty, staff, friends, family and administrators of the USF Morsani College of Medicine. Self-nominations are encouraged.
3. The nomination process will take place through submissions by e-mail, mail or online submissions to the MCOM alumni director. All nomination packets must include the following: completed nomination form, letter of nomination explaining why the nominee meets the qualifications of the award criteria, and resume or vitae of nominee. One or more letters of support from peers may be submitted in place of a resume or vitae.
4. The USF Health MCOM Alumni Society Awards and Recognition Committee serves as the selection committee for this award.
5. The Committee’s recommendation(s) need approval by the full USF Health MCOM Alumni Society Board of Directors.
6. This award may be given posthumously.
7. Under special circumstances, up to two awardees may be selected in a given year.
8. Completed nomination packets must be received by: TBD
9. Send nomination packet to: Catherine Warner, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 70, Tampa, FL 33612, 813-974-6850, Fax: 813-974-2936, Email: email@example.com
2016 recipient: Margarita Cabrera-Cancio, BS ‘79, MD ’82, FACP
The USF Health MCOM Alumni Awards & Recognition Committee will review all properly completed nomination packets. Based on documented criteria, the Committee will present the candidate to the USF Health MCOM Alumni Society Board of Directors for approval. Selections will be made by the end of July. In the event that persons nominated are not deemed to meet the selection criteria, the USF Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board of Directors reserves the right to not bestow awards in any given year.