The Distinguished Physician Alumni Award is the highest honor the USF Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society bestows to acknowledge the personal, professional and community contributions of its alumni. It is presented in recognition of exemplary dedication to the profession of medicine, insightful contributions to the medical profession, tireless efforts to the community, and the graduate's continued professional and personal growth.
Criteria for Nomination
1. Nominees must be living graduates from the USF Morsani College of Medicine's MD program.Nomination Procedure
2. Current USF MCOM Alumni Society Board members and previous MCOM Outstanding/Distinguished MD Alumni Award winners are not eligible.
3. Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
4. The nominee will be required to attend the USF Morsani College of Medicine MD Commencement Dinner and participate in the Path of Honor during the Commencement Ceremony in May 2018.
- Outstanding contributions to the advancement of medicine—academic, clinical, scientific or humanistic
- Active participation to bring about change in the health care system
- Participation in professional and community activities locally, nationally and/or internationally
- High professional standards and commitment
- Support or mentorship of colleagues in the nominee's area of expertise
- Contributions to the promotion of new research, standards and practice via publication in professional journals, textbooks and other publications
- Utilization of current research in practice
- Active support of the Morsani College of Medicine through volunteer service and/or philanthropy
The MCOM Alumni Society Board may waive this requirement for exceptional circumstances.
1. Call for nominations will be made via the MCOM Alumni newsletter, the MCOM Alumni Society Web site, USF Alumni Association AlumNews, e-mail notices to MCOM Alumni Society with valid e-mail addresses on file, the MCOM Alumni Facebook page and e-mails to current faculty.
2. Nominations may be submitted by alumni, faculty, emeriti faculty, staff, friends, family and administrators of the USF Morsani College of Medicine. Self-nominations are encouraged.
3. The nomination process will take place through submissions by e-mail or mail to the MCOM alumni director.
All nomination packets must include the following:
5. Send completed nomination packet by Thursday, Nov. 30, 2018, to Catherine Warner, Assistant Director Alumni Relations, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 70, Tampa, FL 33612, 813-974-6850, Fax: 813-974-2936, email@example.com
The USF MCOM Alumni Awards Committee and Board of Directors will review all properly completed nomination packets. Based on documented criteria, the Committee and Board will present the candidate for approval. Selections will be made by the end of February. In the event that persons nominated are not deemed to meet the selection criteria, the USF Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society Board of Directors reserves the right to not bestow awards in any given year.